Stump Grinding Services Spalding.
In This Blog You Will Have A Better Understanding Of What Stump Grinding Is, How It’s Done, And What Machinery Is Needed To Do The Work.
What Machinery You Can Use, To Remove Tree Stumps.
How Does A Stump Grinder Work?
- A stump grinder is operated by one person, moving controls on the machine, or if the stump grinder is small. It usually is manually controlled by the operators movement.
- The grinder is moved side to side to its maximum reach. Then slowly moved down to plane down the stump.
- On average the stump will be ground down to six to twelve inches below soil level. Or totally removed depending on the machine or the size of the stump.
- When the machine is in operation, it is good practice to have protective screens to stop any damage to anything nearby.
- When the work has been completed, the area will have a lot of debris. The Standard practice is to back fill the area with it and compact it down. Anything more than that gets taken away, unless stated otherwise.
- Stumps can have a variety of different things imbedded in them, for instance metal and concrete. When this is the situation this can cause damage to the machine. All materials will need to be removed manually before grinding the stump.
Why Stump Grinding Is Important.
Leaving stumps can cause a health and safety hazard, slips trips and falls are one of the highest accident rates in a workplace.